Saturday, September 27, 2008

Slow Government

On Friday it looked like the bail out was toast and the market opened down 150 points.

I was supposed to go out for breakfast with a guy but he canceled because he thought the market would be down huge for the day. I came in and watched the market go up and down and finally close up on the day.

Now I am seeing headlines about the solar tax credits and whether they will make it through the next legislative hurdle. I am guessing it won't only because oil is at 100 dollars a barrel and why would we want to become less dependent on foreign oil in the future (sarcasm, just in case you missed it).

I am sure it isn't as simple as that.

But solar energy is important so why can't our government figure out how to help out. It doesn't matter whether it is a bail out or solar energy, things just don't get accomplished in Washington, unless our President wants to start another war.

No comments: